- 1 pound medium asparagus, ends discarded
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen edamame (green soy beans), defrosted and drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil, devided
- 1/4 pound arugula (or 1/2 arugula and 1/2 watercress)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Step 1 Cut asparagus stalks into 1/4 inch diagonal slices, separating tips.
- Step 2 In a wok or large saute pan, stir-fry asparagus stalks in 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat until slightly browned.
- Step 3 Add tips and continue to stir-fry for another 4-5 minutes.
- Step 4 Remove from heat and toss with defrosted edamame, salt and pepper.
- Step 5 Pile arugula (or arugula and watercress) in a salad bowl and toss with remaining olive oil.
- Step 6 Top with asparagus and edamame, and sprinkle with shredded parmesan.
- Step 7 Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.