Halibut with Broccoli
- 2-3 cups small broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup finely ground almonds (use blender to grind or purchase almond meal
- 2 tsp minced fresh tarragon or basil (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 pound halibut fillets
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or fish stock
- fresh or dried basil for garnish
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Step 1 Steam broccoli until slightly tender, but not too soft. Set Aside
- Step 2 In a small bowl, mix herbs with ground almonds.
- Step 3 Dip each halibut into the almond mixture.
- Step 4 Heat 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute halibut for about 4 minutes on each side depending on thickness.
- Step 5 Transfer to serving dish and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Step 6 Add 1/2 cup of broth or stock to skillet and stir in broccoli to reheat.
- Step 7 Add lemon juice and season to taste with salt, if needed and pepper.
- Step 8 Spoon broccoli with juices on top of the halibut fillets, garnish with sprinkle of basil and serve immediately.