Vegetable Dal Curry
- 2 tsp cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp tumeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2/3 cup red lentils, well-rinsed
- 1.25 cups water (add more if needed)
- sea salt to taste
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Step 1 In a large saute pan or wok, heat 2 tsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Step 2 Add onion and spices and saute until onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Step 3 Add carrots and cauliflower and stir to coat.
- Step 4 Add lentils and water and bring to a boil.
- Step 5 Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 40 minutes.
- Step 6 Add salt to taste and serve immediately with brown rice.